Meetings are held two times a year in different parts of the state to enable as many people to attend as possible.
September in Midcoast area, May in Portland area. There will be one poetry contest for members. The contest will be either form or topic, at the will of the particular judge and his/her interests. Meetings are scheduled from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.
NEXT MEETING: Saturday, May 13, 2017, at Continuum for Creativity, 863 Main Street in Westbrook.
As usual, there will be a $12 registration fee which includes lunch. (Please note that the fee applies to all attendees and is the same even if individuals opt not to share in the lunch.)
From Rockland - Take US-1 S and I-295 S to Larrabee Rd in Portland. Take exit 48 from I-95 S. Follow Larrabee Rd to 863 Main St in Westbrook.
From Bangor - Get on I-95 S/ME-15 S. I-295 S to Larrabee Rd in Portland. Take exit 48 from I-95 S. Follow Larrabee Rd to 863 Main St in Westbrook.
From Portland - Take Franklin St and I-295 S to ME-22 W/Congress St. Take exit 5B from I-295 S. Follow Congress St, Westbrook St and Stroudwater St to Main St in Westbrook
1. Coffee and registration 9:30-10:00
2. Brief general meeting 10:00 -10:15
3. Open Mic reading (this replaces reading in the round). Bring one poem you'd like to share with the group. First readers will be those who have NOT entered our contest, followed by anyone else, including guests. 10:15 - 10:45
4. Writing Prompt! Yes, that is correct- a chance to do some writing together. 10:45-11:45
5. Lunch - noon
6. Contest: Subject -"Food" any form - 24-line limit. Judge: Alice Persons. Awarding of prizes; judge reads her own work. 1:00-2:45
7. Clean up and departure.
Guests are welcome!